During the troubling times of the COVID-19 pandemic, the transition from face-to-face to online teaching can present great challenges in engagement due to the obstacles that students and faculty face in regard to computer device, software, internet, delivery of educational content, instructional support, and learner assessment issues. The Academy for Teaching and Learning places great, concerted effort and focus on addressing these challenges in order to contribute to improved effectiveness in teaching and learning at FSCJ.
On April 30th, 2020, The Academy hosted an "Engage Students Synchronously" Event. This event featured a series a workshops in Canvas Conferences on how to improve student engagement in the classroom. The event garnered 150 participants and yielded over 400 enrollments in its 8 workshops. Below you will find the recorded workshops.
- "Synchronous Learning in Canvas"
- "Big Blue Button in Conferences"
- "Creating an Engaging Synchronous Online Class"
- "Canvas Groups and Live Breakouts"
- "Office, Peer Reviews, Turnitin"
- "Library Help and Tutoring"
- "Panel Discussion: What Faculty are Learning"
- "Troubleshooting Training Session"
- Hits: 364